Mr. Park, who established the firm in 1997, specializes in obtaining patents on complex computer and electrical inventions. His previous experience as a researcher and an instructor at Princeton University and at the UC Davis, enables him to communicate effectively with highly technical inventors.
Mr. Park also analyzes patent portfolios and advises clients on related intellectual property issues.
• J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
• Ph.D., Computer Science, Princeton University
• M.S., Computer Science, Princeton University
• B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of
Mr. Park possesses an extensive technical background. During his career in private practice, he has prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications relating to computer software, computer hardware, relational databases, computer security and computer networks. He has worked with numerous companies, including Sun Microsystems Inc., Oracle Corp., Google Inc., Apple Inc. and Intuit Inc. on patent prosecution matters.
Publications and patents
Mr. Park is the author of 24 conference and journal articles documenting research in microprocessor design, parallel processing, computer graphics, multimedia computing and computer algorithms.
Bar admissions and registrations
• California State Bar
• United States Patent and Trademark Office
Teaching and research experience
• Assistant Professor of Computer Science, UC Davis, 1988–1993
• Lecturer and research staff member, Princeton University, 1988
Mr. Park was the founder and director of the Computer Architecture Laboratory at the UC Davis.
While teaching at UC Davis, Mr. Park raised research funding from Hewlett-Packard Co., the National Science Foundation, NASA and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. In addition, he developed undergraduate courses in computer design and software development and graduate courses in parallel processing, I/O architecture and multimedia computing.
Related professional experience
• Associate Attorney, Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati
Honors and awards
• Outstanding Teaching Award, UC Davis
Personal interests and activities
• Freestyle skiing, running and triathlons