Mr. Fleming, who has been a partner with Park, Vaughan, Fleming & Dowler LLP since 2001, specializes in pre-litigation patent investigation and analysis, patent litigation counseling, and patent portfolio analysis. His role often includes advising clients on patent enforcement matters, defensive litigation strategy, and patent acquisitions.
During Mr. Fleming's in-house legal career, he has been involved in many aspects of intellectual property. He has created and managed a patent program that resulted in hundreds of issued patents. He additionally has managed the defense of more than 40 patent assertions against his client as well as a successful patent litigation against more than 15 defendants.
Mr. Fleming is a named inventor on 38 United States Patents.
• J.D., Southern Methodist University, 1994
• M.S.M.E., Southern Methodist University, 1991
• B.E.M.E., Vanderbilt University, 1986
Mr. Fleming possesses a strong technical background. He has performed engineering work on numerous projects including embedded computer systems, video systems, computer displays, GPS systems, active noise cancellation systems, avionics and infrared tracking systems.
After serving as an intern in Vanderbilt University's Computer Department and as an engineer for General Motors in the mid-1980s, Fleming joined Texas Instruments Inc. There he worked as an engineer from 1986 to 1991.
Publications and patents
Mr. Fleming has been awarded over 30 patents and has several patent applications pending.
Bar admissions and registrations
• State Bar of Texas
• United States Patent and Trademark Office
• Federal District Court, Southern District of Texas
• Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Related professional experience
• Chief Patent Counsel, Micron Electronics Inc., 1999 to 2001
• Senior Intellectual Property Counsel, Micron Electronics Inc., 1997 to 1999
• Associate Attorney, Arnold, White & Durkee, 1994 to 1997
• Clerk, Arnold, White & Durkee, 1993 to 1994
Honors and awards
Mr. Fleming has been named to the 2006 BTI Client Service All-Star Team for Law Firms. The BTI Client Service All-Star Team honors individual attorneys whom corporate counsel identify as providing outstanding client service.